LUMIX LX100 II: Reduce JPG Shot brightness without affecting RAW

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Mike Gunter Regular Member • Posts: 297
Re: You can do this - some samples

Luckily I happen to have astrophotography software... (yup scientists are sticklers) which can load the RW2 file without any modification except perhaps debayering. Currently I am having to save these as TIFF's prior to export to other programs which is not ideal...

Any tips on something useful which also can read RW2 AS RAW files?

Hi,

While it is likely out of your budget and out of any logical timeframe for learning to do well, Photoshop CC has great tools. I had a Certified Adobe Learning Center and Photoshop absolutely does the job, but golly it will cost far more than the camera very quickly - in just a couple of years or less.

If you were really dedicated to just creating great images, it could easily be worth it to you, but you'd have to pony up to learning it (and that is a lot of time and some real money, too), and right now, people who are desperately  trying to make a living at photography don't do that. Of course, they don't do as well as they would if they did.

-- hide signature --

My best,
Mike

Mike Gunter's gear list:Mike Gunter's gear list
Nikon D750 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow