Canon 200-400 f4 is L

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Myrgjorf Regular Member • Posts: 383
Re: Canon 200-400 f4 is L

John Sheehy wrote:

Myrgjorf wrote:

I have talked with a pro wild life photographer couple who often travel with a 600mm mk ii and a 200-400L. They say that the 600mm is the better long lens but if they have to travel with only on big lens, they will bring the 200-400L for flexibility and near the same IQ.

The background separation will be greater with the 150mm entrance pupil of the 600/4, though, and will give less noise with the same shutter speed, if you shoot wide open.

So true:-) But if 600mm is too long you are in trouble if can't bring a second high IQ lens.

I sometimes consider a 600 f/4 or a 400 f/2.8 for birding but I can't really justify that. I would have to keep my 200-400L for safaris as the long primes often are too long.

-- hide signature --

Oh no! He should know by now that "equivalence" is a forbidden word for APS-C but perfectly allowed for 1” Sonys, compact cameras, smartphones and maybe even for M43s.

Myrgjorf's gear list:Myrgjorf's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS M50 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow