Amazed by 80D at 12,800 ISO

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
matteroner
matteroner Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Amazed by 80D at 12,800 ISO

slr_SoFL wrote:

matteroner wrote:

If you think that is good trade your 7d for a 6d and the results will be even better.

I started with a 6d and added an 80d for wildlife and macro. But after iso 1600 I feel the 80d is unacceptable. But that's probably because I was coming from the 6d.

I've actually been looking very hard today at FF. What do you think 6D vs 5mkiii vs 6Dii

Also what would you recommend as a path to selling a 7D?

I would love to keep my 24-105 on a FF during the trip.

I sell on Ebay... but this takes some experience so you can get the best price. The key is to study the listings of SOLD items, not current listings. And post a lot of pictures.

I feel the 6d is perfectly adequate for most situations.   If you do a lot of video then I would consider the 6dii, but I dont think you will notice an image quality difference.   It does have more focus points, if your into that.

For me the two cameras complement each other well.  I will say that having magic lantern on the 6d is important, at least to me.

-- hide signature --

@photomat76

matteroner's gear list:matteroner's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow