Adding an FX camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Leonard Migliore Forum Pro • Posts: 17,365
Re: Adding an FX camera

ACTex4 wrote:

I came here to ask you all a question of adding a D750 to my D7200. Would you consider it a good choice to add an FX body to my DX setup? I would mainly use this camera as my portrait setup and then focus on using my D7200 for sports. I currently shoot both and am about 50-50 right now in terms of my work. Also, I would change to the FX version of the 35mm.

I have a D750. It's a pretty nice camera. As far as I can tell, it's the same as the D7200 except for a bigger sensor and viewfinder. It is excellent for low-light photography and produces generally nice-looking images. I hear the D850 is better for more money.

I don't have a problem with 24 MP. This is the same pixel count as your D7200 so you can judge for yourself. I'm happy with 16X20 prints. If I printed 30X40 I might want more pixels.

It looks like you have the lenses you need for portrait work. The 70-200 f/2.8 is a pretty standard high-end portrait lens, while you also have an 85mm f/1.8 for when you don't want to intimidate your subjects.

Oh, and I have both the DX and FX 35mm lenses. The FX lens is massively better with respect to chromatic aberration, distortion and the appearance of out-of-focus areas.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 III Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow