DON'T count on Adorama/ New Leaf to fix your Sony!!

Started Jun 5, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LegendsMIA Junior Member • Posts: 49
DON'T count on Adorama/ New Leaf to fix your Sony!!

Hey there,

I have spent $14,000 with Adorama and have purchased the New Leaf protection plan with every lens and camera I have bought with them over the last 2.5 years. My camera (SonyA7RIII) had an issue where the SD card slot failed spontaneously. I called Adorama to see what to do they told me to call New Leaf who provides the plan..... I called new leaf and the lady said-

They said:  For faster repairs see you local authorized Sony repair center take it in and we will reimburse you. I will send you forms for the reimbursement.

So what did I do? I took the camera in to my local Sony authorized repair center they said it would be $750 I paid in full and when it was finished I got a copy of the receipt and checked my email....... I was ready to print the forms and send them off. At the top of the form it says all repairs must be authorized first.......

So I was misled either on purpose to void my claim OR I was misled by a newbie customer service representative that misspoke. She should have said you need to take it in acquire an estimate send us the estimate and we can approve it so you can get a reimbursement. I KNOW New Leaf has a recording of this cal. So Hopefully some of you see this and forgo undue suffering at the expense of myself.

I WON'T EVER spend another dollar with Adorama. Also now I think all my other warranties are garbage anyways because the one time i go to use it they deny me on a possibly "Set-up" technicality.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow