GR3 and infrared filter = Win !

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
jsla Forum Member • Posts: 74
Re: GR3 and infrared filter = Win !

toddrichter wrote:

Please let us know how it goes! I am refreshing this thread to see if OP responds about his specific tools/technique. Can't find much other discussion of people using a GR(III) for infrared photography out there.

Well, the filter works, obviously. Other than that, I haven't been very successful so far. I am not able to set custom WB on the camera with r72, I just get "Data process failed" every time. But that's probably least of the problems - I can live with red tinted image on the LCD or just switch to B&W and I always shoot RAW anyway. The real problem is that I cannot get any sort of reasonable false colors as the ones the OP posted in PP (I use Darktable). If I try to white balance on leafs, or indeed anything, I just end up with monochromatic soft grey-scale image. No amount of channel swapping or saturation seems to help. I may experiment a bit more, but unless OP enlightens us, I am kind of at dead end here.

The good news for me is that the 49mm filter works nicely with my Pentax DSLR (KP). Which was rumored to have same sensor. I can get pretty nice false colors. But as far as title of this thread is concerned, GR3 and IR for me is fail.:-(

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow