Having my first child, what is a solid but affordable upgrade from my X100?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Carl JF New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Having my first child, what is a solid but affordable upgrade from my X100?

Twombly wrote:

Size really matters!

My experience with my two years old son: When the two of us are outside, on playgrounds or whatever, I usually have to take care of the stroller, his massive bag with diapers, food and all the stuff, his small bike, his helmet, his toys etc. Very often an additional camera bag is not an option.

Carrying the camera around my neck was also not a good idea, because I'll have to run after him if he climbs somewhere or falls off the bike.

So my solution was a Sony RX100V. Fits in my pocket, and most importantly, is ready when the action happens.

I've learned that image quality is not what I'm used to from my X-E3 - but more important: I'll get the shot.

I find carrying the camera around your neck or having it slung by your waste exposes it to either smacking your kid with the camera, the camera smacking another kid or another kid in to the camera, ha.

Carl JF's gear list:Carl JF's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow