“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Tommi K1 Senior Member • Posts: 7,164
Re: War is over, if you want it

MrALLCAPS wrote:

THIS.

I've found myself numerous times being name called, then as soon as I retaliate in my own way, without stooping to name-calling, I'M the "Bad guy".

If you retaliate, you are doing the same.

Here in this forum are well known people who are unofficially protected by the moderators. These members (even six figure post counts) can violate the forum rules any way they want without any penalties. You can report them but nothing happens to them, but instead moderators will fix the problem by deleting the posts or complete threads just to destroy evidence.

And this goes repeatedly, no actions are taken against those because they are honored and longtime forum members that DPR officially recognize as exemplary members.

Maybe the moderators are TOO biased to the camera system they're moderating for. Because they allow the name calling, but selective in who they give warnings to.

And yes, there are some that are too sensitive to their sytem. Stop.

Some get banned because they use one wrong word, like "unfaithful". Some never get banned even when they publically attack, insult and remarks multiple other forum members personally.

The real world is, rules do not apply to those who are "above the law". If you are rich, powerful, famous etc, you get far more easily. There is no moral code, no logic, no justice.

And there are even more moderators who are unfit for the task, that are proven to be so and the DPR editor of chief does nothing because "They are volunteers, we need them".

It is like trying to get a corrupted long time politician out of the system, you can't unless you get them to do something extremely terrible, that they know how to hide and they have the people around them protecting them.

In a good system, moderation happens democratically. Example the slashdot use to be great place (before multiple revisions of the site 10 years ago) as constantly random registered people were given moderation points that they could use to vote posts.

If they moderated the thread, they couldn't comment there or they invalidated their own assigned points. So it was "Moderate or Discuss" mentality.

The voting system as well was general, so if someone gave a post -1 flamebait point and someone else gave +2 Insightful and third gave +1 Interesting, it was summed up.

If you violated the moderation, you might lose your access to moderation forever.

You gained karma as registered user and every reader could set their own preference for the post filtering system, quickly to filter out all the negativities they wanted or specific kinds. And it worked extremely well.

And if you had excellent karma, you got + points just from posting, and so on got up in the filter system. But every negative moderation was more heavy to your karma, so you needed to work a lot for the good karma, or lose the good karma very quickly.

DPR has the wrong system, just adding + for a post. It is so bad that I don't even know how many cares to click those. And it is biased, as it should be + and - system. It should based more for the karma. It shouldn't be like a "popular points" but more of a message value. So if there is 5 who likes the post, you don't get +5 if there is 7 who doesn't like and it comes to -2.

Remove the point summer and make it a six scale system, three negative and three positive. You see if it is good or bad.

And copy from the newsgroups the old system where the thread overall points gets calculated as one. So if there are multiple people arguing about and one posts are positive and two are negative, the thread will get marked as negative as it is getting off-topic and thread is hidden automatically from others.

One good way to test communications would be to remove all the nicknames and signatures. Make it as much as possible anonymous. Just the content itself.

Long time users can start to detect specific traits and opinions of others, but at any given time discussion should stay more in topic when moderators see the actual registered names and can punish from abusive behavior, like someone trying to pretend to be different peoples and talking alone.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
sbu
sbu
GGD
NCV
NCV
GGD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow