Tamron 45mm F1.8 on Nikon Z7 focus stacked 1:1 images

Started Jun 5, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hasa
Hasa Senior Member • Posts: 1,400
Tamron 45mm F1.8 on Nikon Z7 focus stacked 1:1 images

Yesterday evening I went into the garden with my tripod and a very, very sharp "standard" lens (Tamron 45mmF1.8) to test the "focus stacking" built into my camera body. What it does is take a number of shots (completely silent using the electronic shutter) and between each shot it changes the focus just a little bit. In these examples I have stacked about 10 shots, but I did not select them all for stacking in Photoshop in the first image. So, what is the big deal? Well, especially in the last image shot at F2.8 you get a nice, out of focus effect on the background, but at the same time I have all the flowers in focus. With just 1 shot I would only have 1 flower in focus. Magic! Modern phones can do something similar, but not quite, and the resolution and colors will never match this camera, that has a huge sensor compared to a phone. There was very tiny movement of the flowers once in a while, so the stacking is not perfect, l if you look close enough.

Slightly cropped from 8256 pix to 7040 pix long edge. Not downsampled.

Slightly cropped from 8256 pix to 7760 pix long edge. Not downsampled.

-- hide signature --

Smile and the world smiles back!

Hasa's gear list:Hasa's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +24 more
Nikon Z7 Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow