My D500 shoots 11+ fps

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xGumbyx Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: Let’s be practical

You're method of calculating images per time period could be said for any camera that can take more than 1 picture per shutter press provided that the actual time between images is less than the average time between images based on manufacturer specs.  What I am saying is that if you have a manufacturer spec of 4 frames a second which means 0.25 seconds between captures all that needs to happen is only a single frame needs to be faster than 0.25 seconds between it and the previous or next image. This has zero to do with fps (as you've now said in your last post)  as you're totally ignoring the 'per second' part of the equation.

It's like running around a track and trying to get a personal best of 10 laps in 10 minutes but not starting the clock until I'm 9/10ths completed the first lap and then exclaiming to everyone, 'I did it, 10 laps in 10 minutes!' it's just silly.

xGumbyx's gear list:xGumbyx's gear list
Nikon D500 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D850 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow