“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Marty4650 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,421
What negativity?

You might be perceiving a lot of "negativity" about this lens, but I don't see it that way.

I see three responses:

1. Great lens, and I want one
  2. Great lens, but it isn't for me
  3. Great lens, but it was a mistake to make it rather than some other lens I want

The one response you just don't see is "not good enough, it is a piece of junk." That is a response that I would personally consider negative, even if deserved.

I suppose you could consider that third group as being negative, but they really are a small minority of M4/3 users. They are simply expressing their frustration about a product they won't buy because it fails to meet their needs or their budget,

And these same responses are true for every lens created for every system.

Most of us are thrilled to see yet another wonderful lens added to a long list of wonderful lenses. And even though some of us won't want them it, or be able to afford it we still are glad it exists.

Someone will want it and buy it, and it's existence makes the entire system more appealing.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
sbu
sbu
GGD
NCV
NCV
GGD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow