Cheap flash for UV conversion

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
S Simov
S Simov New Member • Posts: 22
Cheap flash for UV conversion

Hello,

i recently started digging into fluorescence photography (flowers etc). I'm fan of fluorescence and have mineral collection etc but recently i found out about that the plants do have nice fluorescence as well.

And today i found out that some flash (Canon 199A) , if you remove the UV-cutting glass , can be used for UV photography (with 365nm filter in front). So my question is - are all the flashes like that - full spectrum and with uv/ir-cut glass in front, or just few models, like this canon , and vivitar 283? Because i'm thinking of getting 1-2 cheap ones, modify them with 365nm filter in front and use them for that. I have decent uv flashlight with filter, and soon i will have 254nm uv flash too, but still they are not powerful enough if i want something bigger, unless i do light-painting.

S Simov's gear list:S Simov's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-A3 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Samyang 12mm F2.8 Fisheye +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow