DA* 11-18 2.8 all right already I'll order it now!

Started Jun 3, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brentliris Veteran Member • Posts: 4,149
DA* 11-18 2.8 all right already I'll order it now!

I'm already to order the

HD PENTAX-DA★11-18mm F2.8ED DC AW

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/star_lens/special/sp_da11-18/

It's Got HD coating superior to just about anything in existence

It's Pentax old old traditional japanese wisdom is built right in..

It's DA that right its Digitally optimized so the sensor does not get splashed with reflections that hurt the image integrity at the it's very core.

It's got the ★ and that means that just about all the holy of holies or best possible everything in the technological/aesthetic sense is included in the most magnificent way for this new generation ★ lens.

11-18mm rectilinear means youre not having to deal with difiicult distortions in post. For architecture this is a boon.... 11-18 on APSC  good range in my opinion UW to Wide, who needs a GR III it's only got one FL and is too small for my huge clawlike hands.

F2.8 very good to use in the gloomy churches in europe and for landscapes around dusk, or in a deep canyons on overcast days. Astro-photography need a bright lens to keep exposure times down.

ED elements quote is better follows here: aspherical element’s ability to suppress spherical aberration with an ED glass’s ability to reduce chromatic aberrations. It contributes to the downsizing and weight reduction of the lens by minimizing the number of optical elements required in the optics, while satisfying demands for exceptional imaging performance required for the new-generation Star series.

DC drive more than good enough for me... Quiet focusing will be nice for photographing big animals like elephants close up..

AW all weather and simply AWesome is what I'll call the whole package..

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax K100D Super Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pentax KP +19 more
Pentax 11-18mm F2.8 Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow