Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III - Usability and Focus

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lone Stranger New Member • Posts: 12
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III - Usability and Focus

Hi, I just sold my Sony APS-C cameras (NEX-5N and A5100) and lenses, because I realised over the last couple of years that I take them with me less and less, they do not stimulate me to go out shooting.

I tried the other day an OM-D E-M10 Mark III in a local shop and the ergonomics were marvellous. Although they only had the 40-150mm, the quality of the output was impressively sharp, and the colours much more pleasant by default compared to my Sony cameras. I did not get to test the focus tracking though, which is why I am writing here.

When asking about focusing, that seems to be the major weakness of the camera, if the internet is to be believed. I don't do sports and action shooting, but there will be a child or two around, and maybe the odd animal or bird perched up on a branch. In your experience, how does the camera behave in such scenarios?

I appreciate that each camera has its quirks, and I don't mind getting used to the Olympus's quirks, but it is possible, even with some effort, to obtain a good focus in a variety of situations? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

By the way, I am thinking of having the 14-42mm and the 40-150mm for comprehensive focal length coverage, as the cost would not be prohibitive and they seem quite good quality for not much money at all.

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow