My D500 shoots 11+ fps

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xGumbyx Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: My D500 shoots 11+ fps

Greyser wrote:

There are 1st and 11th images from the sequence:

1st

11th

Yes, I shoot 14 bit RAW, don't remember compressed or uncompressed though. It is too late now to verify.

This is basically the same as what we have seen others posting in the past when they say they can shoot over 10fps on their d500. In any given 1 second period you can shoot 10.482 frames per second. However since it's not possible to shoot a fraction of an image that number needs to be rounded down to the last whole digit leaving you with 10 frames in 1 second (slightly less than a second as the math shows).

The math shows that 11th frame falls in the 1st second but not below or equal to 1 seconds.

**Editing this as my post was late last night and my maths were incorrect as I was dividing by 10 not 11.  If indeed those are your first and eleventh photos then it does appear you are getting 11 frames in under one second. You appear to have a unicorn D500

xGumbyx's gear list:xGumbyx's gear list
Nikon D500 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D850 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow