“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 38,447
If I want one ....

If I want one and can afford it I will buy one.  If I cannot afford it I will not buy one and will not even bother with reading specifications about what it can do as there is not much satisfaction from merely dreaming.

Lots of the negativity comes from those that cannot afford a Ferrari even if they read the specifications and road tests and can only dream of winning the lottery.  So they comment that the car is no use for shopping trips and that their V8 powered SUV can drag one off at traffic lights - because it is full of equivalence.

I know I can never afford a Ferrari so I only check out the cars that I can actually afford.

I might not be able to afford a fancy exotic car but I can afford the odd exotic lens.  So I am a legitimate prospective buyer.  I am not wafted away from my delight in M4/3 just because others wish to pan it.  Why might such superior beings need to bother voicing their “superior knowledge” of matters that they are not in the slightest bit interested in?

Oh ....sorry they want “cheap small stuff” or large hollow boxes with extra equivalent cubic millimetres: “cheap larger stuff”.

Who really cares what the equivalence might be.  Will it give me enjoyment in using it and do I have the money to make it happen? Thereby ends the story.

So the knockers knock because they cannot afford but somehow are drawn to read the specifications for some obscure reason known only to themselves.

Classic sour grapes.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
sbu
sbu
GGD
NCV
NCV
GGD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow