“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
norman shearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
Don't worry - be happy

Shutting down free speech is certainly not the answer - there's plenty of that going on in the world already. If you only want to read nice things about gear you like then you wish to live in a bubble. No one side is right about everything so it's wise to step outside the fanclub and take in the whole scene now and then. Only cults and ideologies result from shutting out undesirable noise.

Also accepting that large/heavy and/or expensive gear is a very niche market and therefore the number of naysayers will exponentially rise is a given.

I think the format differences are splitting hairs to be honest, I've been through most of them and none were bad. I closed my Ebay account and now only appear on here infrequently because I'm not looking for new gear now. I'm done searching for that elusive perfect camera! It's really rather refreshing being happy with what you have and focussing on taking better pictures and working on my post processing skills and saving a shedload of money in the process.

I believe cameras are getting to that stage in their life where pixel peeping is needed to see any progress. To me that is absurd. Would you pixel peep a painting? Sadly this means the camera business is in steep decline no matter what the manufacturers do but that's okay by me - I don't owe them a living.

norman shearer's gear list:norman shearer's gear list
Samsung EX2F Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX1R Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 5D +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
sbu
sbu
GGD
NCV
NCV
GGD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow