“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
jvwpentax
jvwpentax New Member • Posts: 23
Re: No fear

sbu wrote:

Don’t read too much into the trolling of a few individuals. The fate of MFT does not depend on the comments section. I believe most DPR visisters never read the comments.

I hardly ever read those comments, unless an item really interests me ...

Let’s instead enjoy panasonic has released a fast standard zoom. I’m not personally interested in the short focal length of this lens, but if they would release something similar for 35mm - 75mm it would get really interesting.

Indeed, actually the new PL 10-25mm is one of the reasons I am considering adding m43 to my current Pentax gear (FF and APSC, about 30 lenses), and use it for most of my photography.

The main reason is weight and features (of the G9 body plus PL 100-400mm specifically)

This new zoom, although heavy and large for m43, also makes it a great indoor substitute for my Pentax gear, and not really heavier/larger.

At the moment my 'dream' m43 setup would be

- G9 body

- PL 10-25 zoom (for indoor and landscape)

- PL 14-140 zoom as walk about / vacation use

- PL 100-400 for wildlife and birding

However, the 14-140 while very small and light, will probably not deliver teh same IQ as the other lenses, and is not a fast lens either at 5.6.

So, yes, a new PL 20-80 F/2.0 or even F/2.8 would be very welcome

Regards, JvW

PS: The 36MP FF Pentax K1 would certainly stay as well, for landscape

jvwpentax's gear list:jvwpentax's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
sbu
sbu
GGD
NCV
NCV
GGD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow