Nikon Z 50 mm/f1,8 as a macro lens?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hermann Schilt Forum Member • Posts: 62
Nikon Z 50 mm/f1,8 as a macro lens?

Macro options

On my D500 with the macro 105 mm/ f 2,8, I did regularly manually focus stacking. Now with the FTZ adapter on my Z6, I use focus shifting, what I relief.

In the first set with the D500 after returning home and using Lightroom I had some nice pictures but just missing some details somewhere in the middle of the picture missing some details. I overlooked some millimetres. With the Z6 and the 105 mm using FTZ I didn’t see this problem and had really good shots.

With the 105 mm and the D500 I always photographed in the DX mode, now with the Z6 using the FTZ adapter in FF mode. The minimum focus distance is specified at 31 cm.

At this moment Nikon’s program, with the cashback return in the Netherlands, I can buy a Nikon S lens 50 mm / f 1,8 with a minimum focus distance of 40 cm and a weight of 415 gram for € 450.

In my opinion, would you use the advantage of the Z-mouth, you also should shift to Z mouth lenses!

Is the 9 cm minimum focus difference between the genuine 50 mm and the FTZ 105 cm with 720 gram being a big difference (in price and weight) on the final result of macro photography?

Evaluating my last three years off macro foto’s, I have about 30% of all my macro’s shot on 1:1 all other are shot from more distance.

What is your opinion to use the 50 mm also like a macro lens and replacing the FTZ and heavier lens of the 105 mm?

I would like to see your opinion about my dilemma.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6, Nikon D500, Nikon series 1J5, Nikkor 16-85 mm/f2,8, Micro Nikkor 105mm/f2,8,  Nikkor Z 24-70 mm/f4,0, Nikkor S1 10-30 mm and Tamron 100-400/f 4-6,3,
Marumi Duale Ringflash I-TT, Nikon flash SB700
Hermann

Hermann Schilt's gear list:Hermann Schilt's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 6 +1 more
Nikon D500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow