Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ericbowles
ericbowles Regular Member • Posts: 254
Re: Nasim and his friends at PhotographyLife are going fully ML

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

DigitalFFUser wrote:

They are selling all their DSLRs

https://photographylife.com/pl-garage-sale

I wouldn't say all. But maybe he is. Me personally, I would keep one around until Nikon gets the AF speed issues resolved. But that's just me. In fact, I'm seriously considering getting another D750 before they discontinue them (not sure when that will be but it might be within the next year or so as it's a 5 year old camera).

You might want to reconsider this perspective with the recent firmware update.  I have nearly 4000 bird images with the Z6 since the update.  I'd rate it equal to my D850 as far as AF is concerned for action.  I was consistently able to track fast moving birds with the 600 f/4 and 200-500 f/5.6 and the Z6.   The Wide AF modes have been fixed so they provide closest subject priority - just like Group on the D850.  The Dynamic AF mode is more accurate than the D850 if you have a slower subject you can reasonably track.

-- hide signature --

Eric Bowles
BowlesImages.com

ericbowles's gear list:ericbowles's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow