CASX-T2 Regular Member • Posts: 175
Re: Compare Z-mount lenses at 24mm - 24-70 f2.8 vs f4 vs 14-30 f4

Clayton1985 wrote:

CASX-T2 wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

CASX-T2 wrote:

Closer foreground would have been better in judging the corner details,

Why is that?

The trees in the corners photographed at this distance and 1/25 sec are going to have blur due to wind movement, the further away the stronger the haze, good lighting on a wall or building closer to lens will show more detail and would be easier to judge, these photo are soft across the full frame, could be Flickr resampling

In my opinion it depends on what's important to you and how you plan to use the lens.

Cant see anyone buying this Lens and not using it to include closer foreground.

There is a reason camera review sites also test performance including corners at long distances.

Theres a reason why Lens reviewers take samples at closer distances including walls etc.

Any observations about the validity of the testing here (shutter speed, etc) are a separate discussion and not related to my question.

‘Why not ? I’m explaining why I feel samples at a closer distance of fixed objects would present a better subject in judgement of corner detail where shutter speed would not be an issue.

That said, those photos were taken with shutter speeds ranging from 1/13 to 1/250 and personally I'd be more interested in the corner performance of the images taken at 1/60 to 1/125

Why would you limit your shutter speed to 1/60 to 1/125

with the least relevant (to me) being the f16 images with the slower shutter speeds. But then again I don't see the "photos are soft across the full frame" anyway and I don't really see the motion blur you're talking about either

I stated a slow shutter speed could cause Blur did not say I could see it, but do agree it can’t be seen in the samples, due to the distance.

but it would be nice to have larger images to be sure. But I'm sure a faster shutter speed would be even better but

I agree

I'm not sure all of this isn't a solution in search of a problem.

?

-- hide signature --

“I don’t trust words. I trust pictures.”
Nikon Z7
Nikon Z 24-70mm f4 S Lens
Nikon Z 14-30mm f4 S Lens
Nikon Z 35mm f1.8 S Lens
Fujifilm X-T2
Fujinon XF 10-24mm F/4.0 OIS
Fujinon XF 16-55mm F/2.8 R

CASX-T2's gear list:CASX-T2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow