Darktable and Windows

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Bbawt1 Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: Darktable and Windows

I recently decided to leave Light Room in favor of another option - considered the commercial ones and poked around with the open source ones as well. Wanted to go open source and both Rawtherapee and Darktable looked good, but complex. Wasn't until I found Bruce Williams Photography on Youtube and his series on working in Darktable that I was completely hooked on the program.  Don't let the 63 modules be intimidating - many are just multiple ways of doing similar edits. Learning curve went fast with Bruce's series and I'm impressed with the masking functions and retouching especially.

Like others have said, DT is closer to LR than PS, but quite powerful for overall editing.

Runs smooth on Win10 for me, just need to be aware if your system supports OpenCL or not - enabling OpenCL when your system requirements don't support it seems to cause DT to crash. No problems with running it with OpenCl deselected in preferences.

Bbawt1's gear list:Bbawt1's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow