Best video settings for my X T3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
jimipalmr
jimipalmr Forum Member • Posts: 58
Re: Best video settings for my X T3

Jiskefet wrote:

Hi ,

I just got my new X T3 .

I mainly tried out the photo settings but will go to Italy on Tuesday and want to make video recordings there too. I don't have much time to figure this out (lots of setting options), so what are the best settings, it is for home use and work with an IMac, which codec works best?

Thx

F-Log is nice if you have an external recorder like an Atomos Ninja. Otherwise, the built-in Eterna profile looks fantastic with proper white balance settings.

I'm a 4K 60fps guy. I then interpret 60 into 24 on my PPro timeline. 60fps gives me the luxury of changing speeds and since the X-T3 doesn't have IBIS, the slower speed will help with camera shake.

I live to bring my sharpness down a bit, saturation down a tad, contrast slightly up and shadows down a bit. All a personal preference.

I use a Ronin gimbal for stabilization so I have to rely on AF since I don't have the setup for MF but ideally, MF is the best way to shoot video.

jimipalmr's gear list:jimipalmr's gear list
Samsung NX500 Fujifilm X-T2 LG V10
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow