Is It capture the memory, or Photographic excellence?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
dkeller Senior Member • Posts: 1,361
Re: Not either/or issue

Of course you can lose anything, but if you find a 100 year old photo album you can look at them.  As technology advances it becomes more and more difficult to look at the images stored on old technologies, that was just an example.  We actually saw the same thing with the technology of color printing and the fading of those images.

Imagine the plight of an archeologist 1000 years from now trying to study our current civilization after a major collapse.  We can still read documents for thousands of years ago written on clay tablets or even ancient scrolls.  Our digital and even much of our paper records are much more vulnerable.  I know it's a stretch--but it is a consideration.  I just cleaned house and threw out a massive number of these old disks.  At least I knew I didn't need what was on them or had transferred the stuff I wanted to newer formats.  Grandkids digging going through my stuff after I'm gone wouldn't have a clue.

dkeller's gear list:dkeller's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony a7 II Sony SLT-A68 Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow