Still photographers paying for video capabilities

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
buddah610 New Member • Posts: 21
Still photographers paying for video capabilities

I am a still life photographer. I was a Canon shooter but unfortunately my DSLR of almost 7 years, has had a fall... out of my hands. I am not a pro, meaning I don’t make a living by selling photos. Eventually, I plan to see if I can make that happen. I bought the Canon M50 And quickly realized that this was definitely a vlogging  camera and although the IQ is good, it didn’t blow me away. So, I started to do tons of research and every camera , regardless of brand, did talk about great IQ for still shooters but most of the reviews talked about video. Lenses are so important but getting more and more complicated to know which one fits your camera!! I just wish still photographers didn’t have to pay the extra cost for having a feature I will never ever use! I do time lapse photography, long exposures, still life, abstracts and macro. I use my IPhone for video and that leads me to my next point. It seems the only companies concerned with taking the best photos are cell phone companies. I know I have a lot to learn and will probably get comments calling me an idiot or how bad my grammar is. That’s fine but... I CANNOT be the only person that feels this way! I’m not looking for an answer because unfortunately I don’t think there is one. I just felt like getting this off my chest.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Pentax MX-1 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow