How bad is this?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
bryand7k
OP bryand7k Contributing Member • Posts: 954
Re: How bad is this?

bryand7k wrote:

This fell from the roof of my car to pavement. The camera works as far as being able to off load the pics I had on the cards. To me it looks like the camera mount is hooped and likely the lens is too. I've tried to disconnect the two but i haven't been able to and don't just want to break whats left holding the lens to the body. But the lens would have to go to Sigma and the body to Nikon. Question is how expensive the repairs might cost?

in BC, Canada.

PS this would mean having to ship both items back east on my dime too!

I've heard from my insurance company and they are replacing both .. ie. giving me the cash to do what I may with

I've been evaluating the G9 + Pany 100-400 but something is off and I prefer my wife's pany 100-300 to the results i got?

The Sigma 100-400 is a great lens but it's AF speed and tracking is suspect and of course another 100mm would be nice. Now that the Tamron 100-400 has some firmware updates maybe I'd have better luck with than the last time?

To help with that Reach I am considering the Nikon 200-500. I know it's heavy but that constant 5.6 helps in my area. It's VR is the best and it comes with a tripod collar. But with a MFD of 2.19m it's more than double that of the 100-400s and its not good for close ups(macro type). And it's wide end of 200 is rather limiting as it equivalents to 300mm on the D500, twice that of the 100-400s. So how is it's focus speed and accuracy for BIF, reviews indicate it's not the fastest but it seems accurate?

Heres a recent shot with my old system from Kamloops BC

bryand7k's gear list:bryand7k's gear list
Nikon D500 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow