Nasim and his friends at PhotographyLife are going fully ML

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Geomaticsman Senior Member • Posts: 2,437
Re: Nasim and his friends at PhotographyLife are going fully ML

DigitalFFUser wrote:

Nikon are making the best cameras in the world but main Nikon youtuber and web personalities are moving to other systems. What's going on?

Best cameras for who? These guys are pros and they shoot what works best for them. Nasim seems to value MF over FX for what he shoots and obviously Nikon can't compete there. That he's retaining a Z or two suggests he may be hedging his bet though.

It seems clear now that Jared is preparing his fans for a jump to Sony, likely to the A9II which is rumoured to be released later this year. Nikon *might* have an A9-style competitor next year but let's face it, from what we've seen from the Z6 & Z7, it's unlikely going to be able to match the A9's capability out-of-the-gate let alone the A9II. I shoot Nikon and love their stuff, but lets face it; for whatever reason Nikon was slow to see the mirrorless revolution and comprehend the speed which (I believe) it's going to replace the DSLR market. Nikon's going to pay a heavy price in terms of market share. (I agree with Tony on this one.)

-- hide signature --

Garfield

Geomaticsman's gear list:Geomaticsman's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow