* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #578 on 2019 05 22 *

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,159
Re: Too much water

P3T3S wrote:

I am in the middle of an extremely wet holiday in Bavaria. The overwhelming colour is grey, the mean temperature is cold and the main sensation is wet. However it is improving. After three days of heavy continuous rain, today it lifted occaisionally, and Glory be, there were a few bright moments. Not exactly sunshine, but bright, and in one of those moments I took this.

It was on the edge of a weir, where the plant had happily rooted with a good supply of water - but not this much! The flood-water was sending a torrent of water right over the plant.

The good news is that the brewery in the Benedictine monastery is not flooded, and serves excellent beer and food!

Pete

I'd suggest simplifying this image with a crop. The water breaking up over the plant and the feel of the torrent is the substance of the image. The small area of waves breaking, top left, distract from the simplicity of the concept.

The diagonal line and the bending of the fronds boosts the feeling of movement and emphasizes the resistance of the plant to the other planes of water. The water behind the breaking beads over the plant is sufficiently out of focus to help the breaking water stand out and this is important with a "white on white" area. Is it possible to add a little surface fine detail with something like the LR "clarity" tool here?

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow