E-M10 mk2 vs. E-M5 mk2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 11,524
E-M10 mk2 vs. E-M5 mk2?

I am shopping for my first MFT camera and was ready to pul the trigger tomorrow on an E-M10 mk2, when a sale price on an E-M5 mk 2 in similar condition distracted me.

What i want to know is what practical benefits i woud gain from buying the EM-5 mk2. I know it is physically a better camera, with better build quality and weather sealing. What else would i gain?

I am a jpeg only shooter with no interest in video. I use only the center focus point and never shoot bursts. 90+ percent of my work is done with static subjects and I dont use AF-C from one year to the next. I have no interest in HDR, focus stacking, or anything like that.

What i need is aperture priority and manual-auto ISO modes, easy to use exposure compensation, a useful range of WB presets, the best center point AF i can get, and great jpegs ( after i have done the work to set the camera to give me what I want).

My main interests are street/ walkaround and general photography, and garden macro.

My goal is to keep my MFT kit as small and light as possible. My lenses will be the 25mm f/1.8, which I am currently using,  and the 45mm f/1.8 currently on order. I also hope to get the 60mm f/2.8 macro eventually.

Right now i am shooting with a borrowed E-M10 mk 1, which i actually like a lot. Its size, handling and jpeg output please me very much.

Any advice would be welcome.  I had not considered the E-M5 mk2 before, since i always assumed my upgrade path would lead to a Pen-F

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Boo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow