Is It capture the memory, or Photographic excellence?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
dkeller Senior Member • Posts: 1,359
Re: Not either/or issue

I guess "a few" is relative. Just copied 13 of my mother's photo albums with many dating back over 70 years and a few passed on from her parents of even further. Those old B&W photos held up fairly well over the years. Except for archival prints, most digital work won't last that long and may even be very difficult to find anything to read. I've gone from 5" to 3" floppy, to ZIP, then to CD to DVD, to Hard Drives, and am backing with solid state drives. A great number of photos from the mid 20th century were on color paper and slides which have faded beyond normal restoration, as I've found out the hard way. Of course, we also have the question of "who would even be interested in this stuff?" with a very large percentage of our treasured photos. It can get depressing if we think about it too much!!!

dkeller's gear list:dkeller's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony a7 II Sony SLT-A68 Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow