Why cameras like the M are still worth carrying everywhere

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AminF Regular Member • Posts: 372
Re: Bad example.

You miss the point. Entirely.

thunder storm wrote:

AminF wrote:

100% agree. Long after the pleasure I’ve had of taking a photo (and for me just the act of taking a photo is fun, no matter how it turns out) it is the memory that counts.

There are some wonderful photos from big names that are not “technically” perfect and could be outclassed with modern equipment.

There’s room for smartphone photography and camera photography. I’m not sure why zealots on both sides of this apparent argument seem to think that their opinion is authoritative for everyone else - people should use and enjoy whatever they please. It’s nobody else’s business.

If I enjoy taking a photo on my iPhone (or my camera) someone else’s opinion should not diminish that. I set the bar for what is acceptable for me. I don’t set it for anyone else, so why should anyone else set it for me?

Could you give some examples of people setting a bar for everyone else but themselves in this thread?

To my eye - but i could have missed one post - you are responding to nobody, which means, you aren't responding.

By just stating the IQ of dedicated cameras with good lenses is better than phone IQ nobody is setting a bar for you, right?

also el wrote:

kudos to the graduate and you!!!

we all carry these phones and use them more than we thought we would. there's nothing wrong with using your phone for moments like this.... used to be called 'kodak moments'. pull out that old shoebox or family photo album and take a look. it won't be the quality of the photo you'll be looking at. it will be the memory

AminF's gear list:AminF's gear list
Sony RX100 III Panasonic LX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Nikon D750 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow