OP Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,662
Re: Now and then things seem to work

SeeTheWorld wrote:

hwvlover wrote:

SeeTheWorld wrote:

hwvlover wrote:

Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

Beautiful! My phone is not showing shutter speed, etc. Can you share that information, please?

Thank you Mary and yes, of course...Shutter Priority, SS 1/3200, F/4, ISO 500, EV -0.3. I was using high speed burst, handheld at full zoom, 600mm equivalent.
Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

Well done! I enjoy looking at this photo. EV is that dial on top of the camera? What does EV mean? At SS 1/3200 you didn’t loose a lot of light with full zoom? I’m just learning my way around SS, but I did lose light at full zoom. Thank you.

Hi Mary, I'll do a reply here, even though David might do as well. Yes, the EV is the dial at the top of the camera and is the exposure compensation value. You can rotate that to dial to change the exposure. It works well for something back lighting where the camera often won't change the shutter speed or aperture.

With regards to not losing light at 600mm. The RX10 has an maximum aperture range from F2.4 to F4. If you set the F number to 4 the amount of light entering the lens will remain the same irrespective of the zoom range. You can set the aperture to F2.4, but if you use 600mm, it will go to F4 irrespective of the F2.4 setting you selected.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 SOny RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow