All my DSLR gear gone - switch to MFT?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iancbradley Regular Member • Posts: 128
All my DSLR gear gone - switch to MFT?

Hello,

an enterprising backpack thief made off with pretty much all my Canon DSLR gear - an EOS60D along with a Canon 12-24, a Sigma 17-70 and a Tamron 70-300 VC.

I was already thinking that the bulk of the gear was a bit much, so perhaps this precipitates a change ... can you sell me on the idea of a switch to MFT or other mirrorless setup?

My favourite images to shoot are outdoors at wide angles, especially architecture and landscapes and I loved that Canon 12-24 to bits

Small is good, especially if it means I take the camera with me more often on business trips.

I’d also want a tele option, not necessarily equivalent to 300mm (APSC) but that would be nice , and that Tammy was a lovely lens to shoot with ... some great portraits especially (but I’m not a dedicated portrait kind of guy).

Oh, and it needs to produce RAW files that Lightroom can work with... but I doubt that’s a constraint these days.

I could afford a PEN F for example, and about another GBP700-1000 of glass ... what would you get? Thanks for your ideas!

Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow