Need information on your thoughts, V2 and 10 100 lens.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP dog house riley Senior Member • Posts: 1,088
My last entry?

Today just might be my last day in photography? I've been enquiring about something much lighter and more mobile, using the Nikon 1 series,as my option.

I went to a local bazaar to play around with "street' photos, or just candids, the pain in my back drove me home!

Another thing frustrating me; Flickr, has made changes, and i cannot log on tried and being a caveman as to computers, i don't know what their asking for to re-log on. So, maybe it is time to close it down. I don't know this "stuff'

About the only thing I've been doing, is shoot a few photos and share a couple on flickr? even those don't get much attention, I guess what talent I had is gone.

New cameras and lenses, from Nikon is leaving me behind so many newer bodies and lenses won;t work without firmware upgrades, or my camera won't work at all.

My computer is old and needs upgrades [Ram etc.] well I'm not paying it-I don't have it and being retired, I'd planned on staying with my current gear.

Even Lightroom 6 [my version] won't process the RAW, D7500, so i can't upgrade to that camera. And most likely in near future LR won't recognize my gear, and I'm out in the dark completely.

In the last year, I've brought my F100 and N80 back to life and no firmwares needed! I guess that'll be my last chance as Nikon moves on and my 30 plus years with them?/

Tired of trying to play "catch-up" so! maybe it is time to put it all aside.

Here are a couple little photos from walking around the bazar, and having fun with my camera.

Thanks everyone, the old caveman will stay home.

"doh house riley'

The last photo is of our new Mexican Wolf pup, 5 weeks old.

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon D3300 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow