Lumix DMC-ZS70 and Cher

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Enthusiastic Novice
Enthusiastic Novice New Member • Posts: 15
Lumix DMC-ZS70 and Cher

I had sixth row seats to see Cher last month and was limited in what type of camera I could have in the arena. The rules were not made known until a few days before the show and I had my eye on the ZS70 because it checked the right boxes, including telephoto, size, and current tech. I know it has a small sensor, which is to be expected for the amount of telephoto I wanted. I had the camera two days before the show, thanks to Amazon Prime. Considering my inexperience with photography, lighting, and dodging the woman in front of me drinking her beer and shaking her head side to side and back and forth, as though she was having seizures, I think the camera did an admirable job. I used Intelligent Auto and pinpoint auto focus. The focusing was quick, accurate most of the time, and the camera was enjoyable to hold. The settings it chose was 1/125 and the ISO was predominantly 1600, a few at 800 and 3200. The aperture was based on the amount of telephoto used. The noise is very evident at larger viewing sizes, but I think I can get 11x14 prints to hang. The photos are JPEG without any post processing. I have always had this size of sensor cameras and I recently bought a 1 inch sensor camera and although I know the photos from the Canon G3 X hold up better at 800-3200 ISO, I really like this Lumix. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Enthusiastic Novice's gear list:Enthusiastic Novice's gear list
Canon G3 X Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70
Canon G3 X Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (Lumix DC-TZ90)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow