T7i or A6400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigKhunaBurger New Member • Posts: 2
T7i or A6400

Hi,

I'm a high school film student who is starting his second year next semester. I am taking a photography course this summer, and I'm required to bring my own ILC, so I'm getting my first DSLR or mirrorless. Due to my experience in film, I already understand most manual controls, such as aperture, ISO, WB and shutter speed. I'm planning to get an advanced beginner/enthusiast camera that will last for a few years with manual controls, balanced photo and video modes. So far, I've narrowed my choices to the Canon Rebel T7i and the Sony A6400, as both, according to what I've heard, both shoot pretty good video at this level, and my familiarity with both Sony and Canon systems. I've checked several boxes already, and am currently trying to make a decision based on this criteria:

- Manual controls

- Image quality

- Future-proofing

Again, this is a camera I plan to use through college. I've also considered the Nikon D5600, as I've heard that it takes better pictures than the two mentioned, but removed it from my list as it's video isn't as good and my unfamiliarity with Nikon cameras. Between these two, which camera do you guys think is best for me?

Thanks!

BigKhunaBurger's gear list:BigKhunaBurger's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Sony a6400 Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i Nikon D5600 Sony a6400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow