Lightroom user needs some advice on establishing a Capture One workflow

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Dubea
Chris Dubea Senior Member • Posts: 1,791
Lightroom user needs some advice on establishing a Capture One workflow

Greetings all,

I'm a "fairly" longterm LR user starting with version 5.  Not as long as a lot, but several years. Recently, I've jumped into the Capture One pond with both feet. The ease that C1 creates images that are as I see them in my head is lightyears ahead of LR.

Don't get me wrong, I could get what I wanted out of LR, it just took an inordinate amount of time.

Anyway, that is not what this is about.

I'm playing a bit with C1, and am vacillating between a session based workflow and a catalog based workflow. As I'm coming from a catalog based workflow in LR my first inclination was to jump into that. After a bit of playing around, I started doing some reading about a session based workflow and am intrigued.  Combine that with the cataloging in C1 being a bit problematic has me leaning toward a session based workflow.

The question is, is it possible to fold that into my current LR based cataloging scheme? Further, if it is possible, does it make sense?

Perhaps a bit of data would be helpful.  When ingesting my images, I'm exceedingly diligent about filing images into a well defined folder/naming scheme. Typically it looks like this:

I've honed this structure over a number of years, and it works well for me. I could see invoking it into a session based workflow simply by creating a session in each folder.

This would seem to obviate the need for LR, and while it might be the most sensible way to do it, I'm hesitant to make that jump, at least right now.

So, if you are integrating a Capture One workflow into LightRoom, I would love to hear how you are doing it and what you feel are the benefits and pitfalls.

Thanks in advance

-- hide signature --

Chris

Chris Dubea's gear list:Chris Dubea's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow