Need information on your thoughts, V2 and 10 100 lens.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fafitz Regular Member • Posts: 313
Re: Need information on your thoughts, V2 and 10 100 lens.

I agree with Bob.  Getting a V1 with the 10-30 and 30-110 is exactly what I did in January of this year.  My faithful companion for many years was a D300 with 17-55 Ta  mron for walking around and a 100-400 Tamron for critters.  But, faced with a long and arduous (for us) trip late this year, I started thinking about a lighter kit and in particular started wondering if I could become OK with a mirrorless body.  In searching for a cost effective way to answer this question about how mirrorless would suit me, I found that the discontinued N1 system had, probably, the best EVF available at a reasonable price.  After some shopping, I settled on the V1 with the two lenses, paying a bit under $450 for the whole kit.  Maybe not the absolutely best deal obtainable, but the vendor was solid and the body like new with about 8,000 clicks.  Result of this venture is that I got more than I bargained for.  Not only did the  little V1 including the EVF suit me, but I was surprised and very happy with the IQ  compared with the D300.  Also, the file sizes was right in the range i was used to so my old, slow computers remained compatible with the new camera.  At this point, my new travel kit is the V1 with two lenses plus the FT1 adapter with a 70-300 AF-P and my old 35 1.8.  This all fits in a medium sized messenger bag that I can carry all day long and barely notice it.  I, of course, can't know how such a kit would suit you, but it is working great for me.  If I could change anything, it would be to have more robust lenses.

-- hide signature --

Frank
D300; N1 V1; S1 IS

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow