Spend budget on accessories or camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
liamhutch89 New Member • Posts: 1
Spend budget on accessories or camera

I'm completely new to photography/videography. Primarily I want to make mountain bike documentaries and secondary to shoot day to day life - video and photo.

My wife owns a Nikon D5000 with an 18-55mm lens which has rarely been used. It can shoot 720p video and has no autofocus while filming. Essentially its video functions are very basic.

Really i'd like to shoot 4k and have functionality for good slow motion and I think good autofocus will be important for the fast moving subjects i'll be filming.

I understand that there's a lot of kit I need or might eventually want - tripod, software, wide angle lens, potentially a gimbal, etc and things can quickly add up.

With around £1,000 to invest would I be better off working with the D5000 and buying accessories as needed, or straight off buying a nice 4k mirrorless camera (potentially used) and not having much left for other items?

By the way I have a really nice PC already for recording/mixing music which would be capable of running video editing software and a lot of nice microphones for good sound.

Nikon D5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow