Time for an MFT camera at last

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 11,512
Time for an MFT camera at last

For the last few weeks, i have been experimenting with a secondhand Olympus 25mm f/1.8 on a borrowed E-M10 mk 1.  And I'm definitely digging it. Even with minimal customization (I don't want to make too many changes to somebody else's camera), i am getting some interesting results. Colors are excellent at the natural setting, and the camera handles and points nicely.  I know I have had some critical things to say about this camera before, but it turns out that my problem was mostly with the EZ collapsible zoom, much loved by the owner of the camera but very much not to my taste. With a prime, it feels more "together" to me.

And then Olympus restocked the outlet store, and a refurbished 45m f/1.8 is heading my way.  So I think its probably time for a starter Oly camera of my own to make a kit with my two primes.  Although i would really like to have a Pen F, the current budget will not permit.

So I'm planning to buy a secondhand E-M10 mkll, which i understand will offer a similar shooting experience to the one i am getting with the camera i am using, except with improved stabilization and a better EVF.

Good place to start? Comments or advice?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow