135mm vs 70-200mm

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SeanHew Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: 135mm vs 70-200mm

MarcoE wrote:

anybody who switched from telezoom to prime ? I was aiming for the sony fe 70-200mm f4 until i saw some reviews of 135mm lenses. Zoom (versatility) versus prime quality and relative more compact /less weight. My main use with the telezoom will be landscapes and incidental portraits. The 135mm is the other way around but is also perfectly usable for landscapes. I know i should try both at a local store but would like to know your experience.

I mainly photograph landscapes and will casually shoot travel/family as well. I used the 70-200 f4 for well over a year and really liked the telephoto landscapes that I got from it (you can see them in my Instagram below) but wished it was just a bit sharper and lighter. I ended up selling it a few months ago and picked up the Batis 135 and it has been sharper, lighter and much better for family/travel. I do somewhat miss the versatility of a zoom for telephoto purposes but its worked out so far.

I also replaced my 16-35 GM with the Batis 18.

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @sean.hew

SeanHew's gear list:SeanHew's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow