5Dsr vs X-T2 + XF/EF 100-400mm

Started May 24, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FarmerOne Regular Member • Posts: 126
5Dsr vs X-T2 + XF/EF 100-400mm

As a Fuji fan I find this comparison somewhat upsetting. I was hoping to ditch my Canon equipment as it is heavy and too bulky for much of the type of wildlife photography I do. There have been several threads about the softness of the Fuji 100-400 at 400mm, nevertheless, I thought I would give the lens a try. The attached two frames pretty much tells the story. For the inquisitive these were shot at 17m with a series of IS/OIS on and off (no discernable difference) on a tripod with remote release. The Canon 5Dsr has been cropped to an approximate 600mm lens equivalent (the EF 100-400 is not 400mm but possibly 385mm). In fairness I am viewing these on an Eizo ColorEdge 24” 4K powered by a Nvidia Quadro card which may accentuate the difference. There is a slight variance in exposure despite identical camera settings. This is probably a raw file software conversion function.

The question is have I bought a dud or is this what I should expect given the gear used?

FarmerOne's gear list:FarmerOne's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow