SeeTheWorld
OP SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 341
Re: The Old-Fashioned Way

Dak on cam wrote:

SeeTheWorld wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

SeeTheWorld wrote:

Hello All,

My RX10M4 arrived (!!!) and I'm still awaiting my Friedman book. So, while waiting, I have a question. How do I set the camera to focus on the center of the EVF so I can then reframe and take the shot? This is how I learned with film cameras, and old habits die hard. I'm specifically interested in being able to do this on Sport Mode.

Suggestions?

If the full manual is not contained on the accompanying CDROM(?), you should be able to download it from the Sony Website.

For whatever reason, the PDF of the full manual is called "Help Guide" while the brief instructions (which you should likely also have received on paper) are "Operating Instructions".

No CDROM in the box. However, I'm better with books from third parties anyway. Thanks for the link!

If you want something explained, third party books are usually the way to go. However, just for finding where some functionality is located, the kind of full reference guide (at previous times included on paper, now more often than not only available on CD or download) tends to have less clutter between comparatively complete information. They are notoriously bad for answering "how does this work?" or "what side effects are there?" kind of questions, though.

Good point!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow