"Subpar" Nikon EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Batteries

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Stan Disbrow Veteran Member • Posts: 3,531
Re: "Subpar" Nikon EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Batteries

Hi,

Probably. Might have been someone responding to a price cut due to overstock. That would lead to thinking the product was genuine. And the overstock was therefore the scam. I have seen this happen before. The buyer thinks it is all legit, but there is a hijack of an email account in the mix. By the time it all gets figured out, it is way too late.

This happened to one of the big cellular carriers many moons ago. One of the other small carriers sent an email saying they had meant to buy 10,000 of battery X, but hit one too many zeros on the order. Now they have 90,000 too many and will take some loss to unload stock. A hijacked email account. And, another carrier took the bait and wired the money to the supplied bank account number.

Well, they got their batteries. All looked great until they didn't work quite right. The analysis was they were really well done fakes, but used reject cells so they had low capacity. By then the scam was all rolled up and the money gone. So, all they could do is scrap what they hadn't sold and replace what had.

I have this sense of deja vu right now. Someone must have altered something in the Matrix....

No, they didn't. It is just the Same Old Thing - Again!

Stan

-- hide signature --

Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Once you start down the DSLR path, forever will it dominate your destiny! Consume
your bank account, it will! Like mine, it did!

Stan Disbrow's gear list:Stan Disbrow's gear list
Kodak DCS520 Kodak DCS760 Nikon D1H Nikon Df Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
fad
fad
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow