Sony Wishlist - 1" sensor fixed lens camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP yusufmotiwala Regular Member • Posts: 292
Re: Sony Wishlist - 1" sensor fixed lens camera

noisebeam wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

tbcass wrote:

I assume you mean prime when you say "fixed lens". Why? What advantage would it have over the RX100Va with a 24-70 f1.8-2.8 lens.

Higher quality lens in a slimmer package. And prime simply mean one focal length. Fixed means one focal length that can’t be taken off the camera. Some of us prefer primes to zooms.

Do you find the IQ resulting from the current zoom lens at 24 wide open at 1.8 to be lacking?

No doubt, 24mm in RX100m3 is good and one may find "nothing lacking" if that's the only camera you have used. However, I definitely see that it is not as good as some of the fixed lens camera of similar size - Coolpix A is an example.

I own A7R2, RX1R, dp1m, Coolpix A. I recently purchased RX100m3 and pleasantly surprised by how amazing raw files it produces, suitable even for professional use (don't even compare to phones as someone did above). However, it can definitely benefit from a better fixed lens, both in contrast and sharpness at the wider side and that may possibly reduce the size even more.

1" 24mm f1.8 or f2 in smaller than RX100 body will be winner, will be definitely my travel camera for long rides.

-- hide signature --
 yusufmotiwala's gear list:yusufmotiwala's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony a7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow