Loose Screws

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barky Junior Member • Posts: 41
Loose Screws

This is a bit of a heads up on Fuji X series cameras that have some wear and tear on them.

I had a problem with my X-E2.

While taking pictures the camera would stop working and there was no response from the shutter, I pulled and replaced the battery turned the camera back on, it would work for a few moments then quit again. Sometimes on startup it would cycle through turn on and off about once a second.

This started two days ago and I was fearing a big repair bill or get another camera. The another camera would be a very tough sell on the home front. Not impossible just a challenge.

However before giving up I took one more look at the camera and this is what I found...

After removing the lens I inspected the first outside ring of the lens mount. Running my finger around the surface of that ring I noticed that it wasn't perfectly smooth, examining the ring closer I saw that at least two of the bottom screws were not flush with the ring. Thinking this can't be right I brought out my Jewelers screwdriver, then tightened the screws. Going around the complete ring only two of the six were firmly in place.

After tightening the screws my lenses mounted firmly onto place. There were no more flakey startups. I had also noticed focusing problems that now were understandable. The images are much sharper now.

My X-E2 has a lot of miles on it. I have 3 Fuji lenses so they will get changed a lot depending my current project.

My recommendation to other X series owners that use their camera a lot or change lenses a lot, periodically check these screws for tightness.

This may save your camera a trip to Fujifilm repair.

WARNING!!! As these screws are very near to the sensor a lot of care and caution is required if you are fixing it yourself.  Any local camera technician can handle this particular problem. If parts are needed a trip to Fuji may be required.

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow