Incredible details capture...

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
flektogon
flektogon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,556
Incredible details capture...

I am more and more happy with the Pentax KP. When a proper lens is mounted, it can deliver maximum possible detail capture. Here is a picture taken with that camera and the DA 35/2.8 Macro Ltd lens. And I want to stress, that the picture is out-of-camera JPEG without any post-processing. This fact might be important, especially for those who claim that shooting JPEGs is just wasting photo opportunities . Btw. the picture is resized (and compressed, well this is actually the only post-processing) to fit a 1800x1200 monitor and to have a size around 1MB, which is king of my "standard" for such resized pictures:

Now, please notice the string hanging from the fishing rod on the left side (and going down) of the picture. Here I made a crop (again, 1800x1200) of the original,  6000x4000 pixel's picture:

Notice again the string, which is now going down at about 30% from the left edge of the picture. I looked at the original picture at the 1000% enlargement, when a single image pixel was on my 27" monitor roughly 6x6mm. I tried to find that fishing string. And I did. Imagine, it fit exactly that single pixel width! Yes, the neighboring pixels (one on each side) showed just marginally visible "gray" colour, while the central pixel was black. Basically, this is something what shows the theoretically possible, maximum resolution of such a digital imagine system.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow