How do I get at the Metz mecablitz 54MZ-4i capacitor?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Contributing Member • Posts: 986
How do I get at the Metz mecablitz 54MZ-4i capacitor?

Hope this is the correct subforum (there also is accessory talk) for the kind of solder job.  I have the said flash with a shot capacitor (charge-pop-charge-pop-pop-charge... trivial diagnosis).  So assuming I get a suitably similar flash (54MZ-3 probably) with different defect, I need to transplant the capacitor.

Dismantling this flash, this is about as far as I got:

Now with comparatively large probability, the capacitor is in the joint of the flash (there really is no suitable other space where something of that size could be kept) but I have no good idea how to access it.  I don't find some obvious way to get at its insides.

And yes, I know that the capacitor keeps about an order of magnitude more energy than a cattle fence when it isn't discharged properly.

Anybody here who knows those things well enough to have an idea how to continue?

Thanks

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow