Black Rapid strap

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SolB
SolB Contributing Member • Posts: 536
Re: Black Rapid strap

Sagittarius wrote:

Since the previous thread reached it's limit, I started a new one. I want to share e-mail I've got from Nikon.

Subject

Nikon AN-SBR2 camera strap

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Lauren G.)

02/04/2015 12:37 PM

Yes, the backplate and tripod socket are strong enough to have the camera carried with this strap. If they were not able to support the weight, we would not recommend the strap for the camera. If you have any additional questions, please contact Nikon Technical Support.

Kind Regards,

Lauren G.

Customer By Web Form

02/04/2015 12:35 PM

Hi,
My concern is not if strap strong enough, but if camera backplate and tripod socket is strong enough for camera to be carried this way.

Response Via Email (Lauren G.)

02/04/2015 10:53 AM

Thank you for contacting Nikon. The AN-SBR2 camera strap is strong enough to support the weight of your D810 camera and lens. This strap has been tested with multiple camera bodies. If you have any additional questions, please contact Nikon Technical Support.

Kind Regards,

Lauren G.

Customer By Web Form

02/03/2015 10:20 AM

I have a D810 and considering to buy AN-SBR2 camera strap. Since this strap connects via tripod socket, my concern is that are tripod socket and camera backplate strong enough to carry the weight of camera and lens (lets say 28-300) and not get bended and damage camera body. Has any testing been done to determine capacity of this connection.

I've removed the lens' foot and screwed in my BR strap connector directly to my lens. This shifts the stress to the center of gravity. The tethers I'll add are just in case the metal loop connector fails and cracks

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow