Questions before buying RX100 VI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP JeremyB2 Regular Member • Posts: 185
Re: Questions before buying RX100 VI

Guy - thanks for your further helpful comments. I agree broadly with you about insurance companies. It's just that I feel the risk of theft / accidental damage with a camera is considerably greater than with many other items (I don't include mobile phones in this comment because although I own one I rarely have it with me, which probably makes me rather odd).

Saudidave & nigelbb - thanks for your comments regarding E-infinity and the refurbished M6 at Wex. I'm still on the fence about whether to go for a 'full price' M6 or a grey import from E-infinity but I'm leaning towards taking the risk of purchasing from E-infinity.

LynnObie - thanks for your advice about the Alexander White book. You make good points. As mentioned above I don't usually have my mobile phone with me, and on many occasions when I'm taking photos I probably wouldn't have my iPad with me either. I'm particularly looking ahead to when I am trekking in Nepal and may not have become fully familiar with the camera. In that circumstance I might have a paperback in my rucksack but I'm unlikely to be carrying an iPad or a mobile phone.   J.

JeremyB2's gear list:JeremyB2's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony RX100 VI
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow